There are various treatment methods according to the severity of the illness and how the daily life affects the attention deficit, which is different from the deficiency of attention due to malnutrition, excessive fatigue or stress, which is different from the “Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder(ADHD)” usually seen in childhood.
Therapy, medication, or both can be recommended by your doctor. You can get help with some nutrients for stress, fatigue, lack of attention due to lack of vitamins and minerals.(1)
Good Nutrition for ADHD
Omega 3 Fatty Acid Containing Nutrients: Tuna, fish, fish, trout, tongue, and fatty fish such as sardines are rich in omega 3 fatty acids and zinc.
Omega 3 fatty acids support the normal functioning of the brain, while zinc is half the brain’s ability to produce certain neurotransmitters.
Regular zinc and omega 3 intake is also important in terms of the health of other organs as well as brain health.
Apart from fish, flax seed, walnut and canola oil are sources of omega-3 rich nutrients. Zinc-rich foods are zucchini, low-fat veal, sesame and tahini and groundnuts.
Vegetables and Fruits: Vegetables and fruit vitamins, which play an important role in a healthy nutritional program, can help treat attention deficit and chronic fatigue caused by mineral deficiency.
Especially attention deficient children are recommended by experts to consume vegetables with high nutritional value, rich in minerals and vitamins instead of ready-to-eat foods such as sugars, candy, sweet.(2)
Worst Foods for ADHD
Food Additive Ingredients: There are research results that indicate that the food additive used to increase the shelf life of ready-to-wear color enhances the lack of attention.
Such additives are generally used in tomato paste, canned food, frozen foods, ice cream, confectionery, ready meals and fast food products.
You can find out if any canned products contain additives by reading the contents section.
Particularly food dyes such as Yellow No 6 and 10 and Red No 40, “Tartrazine” food additives can lead to an increased severity of symptoms in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.(3)
How to Control ADHD Child
If your child has 6 or more of the following symptoms for at least 6 months, Your child may have chronic attention deficit.
- Careless mistakes often made without attention to detail
- can not sit even when it is necessary to sit
- Running in improper situations, climbing
- Silent game play
- Always on the move
- Extreme talk
- Having difficulty waiting for the line to arrive
- The interruption of others, the partition of their game
- Distracted attention in long-term duties and games
- Do not seem to listen when spoken directly
- The poor ability to organize tasks
- Do not leave until you take it to the end of the given tasks or games
- Escape from games or tasks that require mental attention
- Frequent loss of property
- Foreign, easily distracted attention by environmental stimuli
- forgetfulness during daily activities(4)
If your child shows at least 6 or more of the following symptoms, there may be hyperactivity disorder.